I am a PhD research student in the Marketing and Strategy section at Cardiff Business School. My thesis topic emphasises Palestinian women entrepreneurs and how they perceive success. My published work includes topics on organizational processes, gender and entrepreneurship in Palestine.
Prior to starting my PhD, my professional experience has been heavily based in academia as a lecturer of management at Birzeit University in Palestine. However, I also took on administrative roles in organization-wide strategic planning and community outreach.
My most notable contribution as an administrator would be my leading role in the establishment of Birzeit University's Alumni and Career Services Office. There, I co-developed curricula designed for senior level college students and alumni for which I provided professional portfolio training in the capacity of career counselor before being appointed as the unit's director.
I have also contributed to a documentary film with a BAFTA award winning production company which focuses on how women entrepreneurs around the world perceive value. Aside from its relevance to my thesis topic, the film format makes research more accessible and appealing to a wider audience.
- Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) UK 2020 - Virtual Premiere
- Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) Palestine 2019 - Screening
- Khoury, G., Farraj, W. and Sultan, S., 2018. Challenges to the formalization of Palestinian female-owned home-based businesses. In Women Entrepreneurs and the Myth of ‘Underperformance’. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sabella, A.R., Farraj, W.A., Burbar, M. and Qaimary, D., 2014. Entrepreneurship and economic growth in West Bank, Palestine. Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship, 19(01), p.1450003
- Baidoun, S. and Farraj, W., 2014. Downsizing at Paltel: Take it and leave it. In Cases on management and organizational behavior in an Arab Context (pp. 257-272). IGI Global.
- Organizational Behavior
- Organization Theory
- Human Resource Management
- Business Communication
- Principles of Management
- Introduction to Business