Community Gateway – Grange Pavilion Project
22 October 2015
Cardiff University’s Community Gateway is working with Architecture and Business School students and community partners to explore a wide range of ideas for transforming the vacant Grange Gardens Bowls Pavilion into a community ‘hub’ in response to Grangetown residents’ suggestions.
Working with Community Gateway and local residents’ group the Grange Pavilion Project, Grangetown Community Action, local primary schools and a wide range of residents and organisations, WSA Live teaching has included:
- 2013 Vertical Studio consultation
- 2014 Vertical Studio Ideas Picnic in the Pavilion
- 2015 Love Grangetown consultation
- 2015 BSc2 design studio which included running workshops with local Primary Schools
- 2015 BSc 3 Storytelling event
- MArch1 students developing ideas to transform the Pavilion and grounds into a community resource.
Mhairi McVicar, academic lead of Community Gateway, and Grangetown Resident Architect Neil Turnbull are researching under a £10,000 RIBA Research Trust Award to explore the Value of the Architect in supporting a Community Asset Transfer through a year of consultation with local residents over the next year.
Would you like to help or join a partnership to make this happen? Get in touch with us at email@example.com.