Proud to be International
6 October 2016
Cardiff University is highlighting the success of its international activities as part of a campaign backed by more than 100 universities.
Universities across the UK are being encouraged to celebrate their international credentials during #WeAreInternational’s World Week (24-30 October).
The #WeAreInternational campaign was launched in 2013 to help ensure universities remain diverse and inclusive communities that are open to students and staff from across the world.
Cardiff University has more than 7,500 international students and staff from 78 countries. Our alumni reach across 180 countries.
We have a series of international activities that we are highlighting for World Week including:
- Launch of new international staff network
- Ground-breaking specialist training of nurses in Namibia
- Vice-Chancellor Professor Colin Riordan and Director of the University’s International Office, Richard Cotton, meet partner universities in China and Malaysia, and visit our Field Centre at Danau Girang in Borneo
- Social media campaign
- Launch of free online course about language translation
- Showcase of new contemporary poetry collection from Latin America
- Representatives of prestigious Russian institution of learning visit Cardiff University
More information about these activities will be available as the week progresses – keep an eye on our social media for updates.
Vice-Chancellor Professor Colin Riordan said: “We are privileged to be able to welcome so many talented students and staff from around the world."
“I’m delighted that we are supporting the excellent #WeAreInternational campaign alongside colleagues in other universities.”
We are also encouraging students and staff to show their support for the campaign on social media.
Please share your international activities and tell us why. Tag your posts @cardiffuni and use the hashtag #weareinternational #cardiffuni. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.