Innovation and Impact Awards 2016 Social Media Competition Rules
1 June 2016
1. The promoter is Cardiff University, a registered charity No. 1136855. The competition is operated by Cardiff University Communications, Cardiff University, Deri House, 2-4 Park Grove, Cardiff, CF10 3BN.
2. The competition is open to the general public in the UK and overseas. Entrants should be 16 years and over.
3. Students and employees of Cardiff University are permitted to enter. However, employees and professionals with external PR / media agencies connected with the competition, or those helping to set up or promote the competition, shall not be permitted to enter.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
5. Details of how to enter can be found here.
6. Closing date for entry will be 10:00hrs on Monday 20 June 2016. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of any event outside the promoter’s control.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
11. The three winners will be notified through the medium by which they voted (Facebook, Twitter, etc) by 17:00 on Tuesday 21 June 2016.
12. If the winners cannot be contacted or do not claim the prizes by 17:00hrs on Tuesday 21 June, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter reserves the right to ask the first prize winner to meet the winning innovation team, and a representative sponsor, for PR purposes as a pre-condition to collecting the prize on the evening of the Awards Ceremony – 22 June 2016. The request will be made if it is appropriate – i.e. if the winner is a UK resident who will not incur travel expenses. The presentation, for photography purposes, will be made at around 17:00hrs before the dinner. The winner, plus one guest, is invited to attend the dinner. The winner must give notice of attendance as soon as possible after being notified of the win. Should the first prize winner live outside the UK, or be unable to attend, then the winning innovation team will accept the People’s Choice Award by proxy on their behalf for photography purposes and the prize will be sent by mail. The promoter will not pay travel expenses to the winner to facilitate the collection of the Award.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
17. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.