Partners and sponsors
Freshwater research undertaken at Llyn Brianne benefits from paired experiments at partner facilities and data collected from similar field sites.
We are part of a wider UK research network. Each partner hosts slightly different and therefore complementary freshwater research facilities. This enables experiments across a variety of freshwater environments. Partner facilities include:
- Imperial College London's Silwood Park pond mesocosms
- University of Birmingham's stream mesocosm facility
- the Upland Waters Monitoring Network, established in 1988 to track changes in surface water quality and freshwater biodiversity across all upland regions of the UK
- Centre for Ecology and Hydrology (CEH) lake observatories.
Other stream and river research sites used by Cardiff University:
- DURESS Project field sites, a network of upland stream sites with historical data and more recent detailed foodweb and genetic data
- Welsh Acid Water Survey
The following organisations have contributed to Llyn Brianne Observatory through direct funding or other resources (eg data):