Terrestrial laser scanner
Our terrestrial laser scanner offers superior measurement capability in adverse atmospheric conditions.
The Riegl VZ-400 has high speed data acquisition and a wide field-of-view. It's high-accuracy, high-precision range is based on echo digitization and online waveform processing.
- digital camera for calibrated, high-resolution colour images
- integrated inclination sensors and laser plummet
- integrated GPS receiver with antenna
- various interfaces (LAN, WLAN, USB 2.0)
- internal data storage capability
- range up to 600 m
- fully portable
How it helps
Our long-range terrestrial laser scanner facility produces detailed 3-dimensional representations of landscape features. The Riegl VZ-400 uses an infrared laser to acquire data with a 5mm accuracy at 600 m. The data can be used to understand and model geomorphic features and repeated scans can monitor geomorphic processes. Our facility can provide high resolution scans of any landscape or building feature. These scans can be analysed either a raw point clouds or converted to digital surface models.