India £5k Scholarships Terms and Conditions
The Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarships are available to eligible Indian students studying on the following programmes only:
- MA Architectural Design
- MBA Business Administration with Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Astrophysics
- MSc Business Management
- MSc Business Management with a Professional Placement Year
- MSc Business Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- MSc Civil and Geo-environmental Engineering
- MSc Civil and Water Engineering
- MSc Civil Engineering
- MSc Compound Semiconductor Physics
- MSc Computational Methods in Architecture
- MSc Data Intensive Astrophysics
- MSc Data Intensive Physics
- MSc Economics
- MSc Electrical Energy Systems
- MSc Environmental Design of Building
- MSc Gravitational Wave Physics
- MSc International Management
- MSc Logistics and Operations Management
- MSc Maritime Policy and Shipping
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Physics
- MSc Strategic Marketing
- MSc Structural Engineering
- MSc Sustainable Building Conservation
- MSc Sustainable Energy and Environment
- MSc Sustainable Mega Building
- MSc Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- MScEcon International Relations
No separate scholarship application is required. If you are holding an offer for an eligible programme and meet the criteria as set out in these terms and conditions, you will automatically be awarded the Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarship upon enrolment.
Conditional offer holders
- You must submit your application to the University by 16 June 2023.
- You must accept your offer and pay your deposit by 30 June 2023 unless your deposit deadline is after this date, in which case, your deposit much be paid by your initial deposit deadline. Deposit deadline extensions past the 30 June 2023 will not be accepted for scholarship purposes.
- You must meet all the offer conditions, including any English Language conditions as stated in your offer by 20 August 2023.
- Applicants who do not meet the conditions of their offer will not be eligible for the Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarship, even if they are accepted into the University.
Unconditional Offer Holders
- You must submit your application to the University by 16 June 2023.
- You must accept your offer and pay your deposit by 30 June 2023 unless your deposit deadline is after this date, in which case, your deposit must be paid by your initial deposit deadline. Deposit deadline extensions past the 30 June 2023 will not be accepted for scholarship purposes.
- The Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarships are for Indian domiciled students studying on the programmes outlined above.
- The Scholarship of £5,000 will be awarded to students defined as being domiciled in India on your course application.
- No separate application for the scholarship is required. If you are holding an offer for an eligible programme and meet the criteria as set out in these terms and conditions, you will automatically be awarded the Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarship upon enrolment.
Terms and Conditions
- The Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarship is a £5,000 award applied to your first year of study only.
- This will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee discount only and cannot be used in place of any required deposit. No cash alternative is available.
- Scholarships of £5,000 will be awarded to students from India when defined as being domiciled in India in your course application.
- Domicile is defined as where you have been ordinarily resident for a three-year period or longer before the start of the course. This does not include where you are living for study purposes should you be studying outside of the place where you are otherwise ordinarily resident. See UKCISA for more information.
- The Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarship is for entry into Cardiff University in the autumn semester of academic year 2023/24 only and cannot be used for 2024/25 entry or any other year of entry.
- If you are awarded a scholarship and wish to defer your entry to the University your scholarship will not be transferred. However, you will be eligible to apply for scholarships applicable for 2024/25 entry.
- If you are a deferred offer holder, you must have met the standard entry criteria for your programme for 2023/24 entry to be considered for the scholarship.
- Please note that if you are a student studying a Pre-Sessional English Programme at Cardiff University, your Pre-Sessional English results will not be released until after the 20 August 2023 acceptance deadline.
- Future requests for further funding will not be considered under this scheme.
- Applicants who are in receipt of any other scholarship, bursary, funding or discount will not be eligible for this Scholarship.
- The Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarship is available for full-time and Cardiff campus-based programmes only.
- You must be confirmed as an Overseas Student for fee paying purposes (this information is contained in your offer letter).*
- The Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarship is only available to self-funded students.
- If you are in receipt of funding (consisting of either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external body which will be invoiced by the University for fees (such as Government, charity or a private organisation) you are not eligible for the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship. Students in receipt of educational loans are eligible for the award.
- The Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarship is not available for students who are coming to study at Cardiff University for a semester or full year as part of a degree at another institution.
- The Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarship is not available to students who are initially awarded the scholarship but, following enrolment at the University, subsequently transfer to an academic programme which is not eligible for the award of the scholarship.
- Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarship is not available for students coming to study at Cardiff University via a partnership or progression agreement with their home institution.
- You must be able to satisfy all financial requirements as part of your visa application for study in the UK. You should not be solely relying on receiving Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarship to meet the UKVI financial requirements. Read further information on UKVI financial requirements for visa applications.
- Please ensure that you have left sufficient time for your application and supporting documents to be reviewed and processed before the acceptance deadline noted above. This can take up to 10 working days. Please contact the Admissions Office should you have any problems submitting your application or documents. Tel: +44 (0) 2920 879999 – office hours are 09:00 to 17:00 GMT, Monday to Friday.
If you are not sure about your eligibility for these scholarships or have any queries, please contact the International Office for advice at email@example.com
*If you are assessed as eligible to pay Home fees as the result of a fee query, your fee status will be amended to Home and you will not be eligible for the Cardiff University £5,000 India Scholarship.