Our hostel and studios provide a comfortable place for you to stay during your visit.
Field course hostel
The hostel has a sitting area where students and guests can relax. All windows and doors are enclosed with mosquito netting.
- Sleeps: 30 people (two bunk beds and one single bed in each room - maximum five persons per room)
- Bathroom and toilet facilities: shared (four individual showers and four individual toilets)
Our four individual studios are primarily intended for long-term scientists, students and volunteers.
- Sleeps: four people per studio (two bedrooms with two single beds)
- Bathroom and toilet facilities: shared per studio (shower, sink and toilet)
Each studio has a shared sitting area with a desk and chairs. A washing machine is available for long-term students and scientists.
The administration building has a dining area with seating capacity for about 40 people and a fully-equipped kitchen. Three self-service buffet style meals are provided each day:
- Breakfast: Continental style buffet of bread, cereal, condiments, coffee, tea and juice
- Lunch and dinner: Malaysian style and typically include meat, local fish and vegetables with rice or noodles
Hot drinks and water are provided free of charge at all times. We aim to cater for visitors with allergies and special dietary requirements, please inform us in advance of your stay.
We have excellent teaching and research facilities.