Hypervalent iodine reagents are intensively used in organic chemistry as a mild, safe, and economical alternative to heavy metal or rare metal reagents.
At ICHIC 2018 the latest developments in the discovery, synthesis and application of hypervalent iodine compounds will be presented. We will focus on their use as catalysts and reagents in organic synthesis, medicinal chemistry, chemical biology, materials science and industrial applications.
ICHIC conferences have a long history:
- Kallithea, Greece (12-14 September 2001)
- Thessaloniki, Greece (1-2 June 2006)
- Bordeaux, France (4-7 July 2010)
- Chiba, Japan (2-5 July 2014)
- Les Diablerets, Switzerland (3-6 July 2016)
International scientific committee
- Prof. Kazuaki Ishihara, Nagoya University, Japan
- Dr. Tatsuo Kaiho, Godo Shigen Co, Ltd., Japan
- Prof. Yasuyuki Kita, Ritsumeikan University, Japan
- Prof. Tsugio Kitamura, Saga University, Japan
- Prof. Berit Olofsson, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Prof. John D. Protasiewicz, Case Western Reserve University, USA
- Prof. Stéphane Quideau, University of Bordeaux, France
- Prof. Thomas Wirth, Cardiff University, UK
- Prof. Viktor Zhdankin, University of Minnesota-Duluth, USA
- Prof. Antonio Togni, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Prof, Jérôme Waser, EPFL Lausanne, Switzerland.