The international and interdisciplinary conference on Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice (ALAPP) was first held in 2011 at Cardiff University (UK) to bring together scholars from different disciplinary backgrounds.
The disciplinary backgrounds feature language and communication research and professional specialities including:
- organisation studies
- social care and welfare
- immigration and border control
- police work
- translation and interpreting.
The conference has since been hosted in Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, Geneva, Milan, Copenhagen, Gent and is now returning to Cardiff in 2018 for the 8thannual conference.
ALAPP is closely linked with Journal of Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice (JALPP) (Equinox), with a view to bringing seminal research to a wider readership.
You do not have to be a member of the ALAPP to attend this conference.
ALAPP 2018 Programme
Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice (ALAPP) programme.
Book of Abstracts
Book of Abstracts
Our Book of Abstracts includes local information, the conference programme and all the presentation abstracts.
- Theresa Lillis, Professor of English Language and Applied Linguistics, The Open University, UK.
- Roger Säljö, Professor of Education and Educational Psychology, University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Andrea Whittle, Professor of Management, Newcastle University Business School, UK.
The ALAPP 2018 conference is hosted by Centre for Language and Communication Research, School of English, Communication and Philosophy, Cardiff University, UK.
The Local Organising Committee:
- Dr, Michelle Aldridge-Waddon
- Dr Tom Bartlett
- Prof Michael Handford
- Dr Frances Rock
- Prof Srikant Sarangi,
- Dr Tereza Spilioti
- Dr Virpi Ylänne