The conference will feature keynote addresses and parallel sessions on a number of key themes arranged around the central topic of regional innovation, regional development and innovation policy.
The role of regions in innovation debates; the role of innovation in promoting the growth of innovation; the spatial distribution of innovation, and the role of regional policies in both stimulating and harnessing innovation are recurrent themes for the Regional Innovation Policies Conference.
Participants are encouraged to submit papers for consideration on topics with a focus on regional innovation policy in the fields of
- New modes of innovation
- Advances in innovation system modeling
- Urban versus regional innovation systems
- New approaches to knowledge and technology transfer
- Smart specialization
- Renaissance of industrial policies
- The role of proximity in national and regional innovation policy
- Cross-border and transnational innovation
- Networks and complexity
- Challenges for peripheral or less developed regions
- New geographies of innovation
- Social innovation
- Governance and regional innovation
- The role of Universities in regional innovation
- Stimulating the entrepreneurial discovery process
Guidance for abstract submission can be found on our registration page.
Learn about our history, our strategy, our values and the capital city in which we are located.