The Diamond Open Access Model: what impact on research?
This event has ended.
Add to calendar
With escalating Article Processing Charges (APCs) under the Gold Open Access Model, attention has been turning to the Diamond Model, where scientific articles are not subject to APCs. Diamond journals represent a large percentage of open access publishing output and are mostly owned and managed by universities, learned societies and other not-for-profit organisations.
Two organisations leading the development of an international strategy on Open Access, Science Europe and Coalition S, have recently launched an initiative that will offer worldwide support to building and sustaining the Diamond Model. The action plan was published on 2nd March.
Join us for a one-hour webinar, where an expert panel will explain and discuss these latest developments in Open Access publishing and what it means for researchers, research-intensive institutions, learned societies, libraries and other publishers. You, the audience, will be able to interact and pose questions to the panel.
The webinar is free and open to all.
- Professor Johan Rooryck, Executive Director, Coalition S
- Professor Sarah de Rijcke, Professor in Science, Technology, and Innovation Studies & Scientific Director at the Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS), Leiden University
- Dr Bregt Saenen, Senior Policy Officer for Open Science, Science Europe
- Professor Toma Susi, University of Vienna, Member of the Scientific Advisory Board, Open Research Europe
- Professor Demmy Verbeke, Professor of Open Scholarship and Head of KU Leuven Libraries Artes
The webinar will be chaired by Professor Ole Petersen, Honorary Vice-President, Academia Europaea.