Applying through Clearing
If your plans have changed or you have done better than expected, we are here to help!
If you are eligible for Clearing and have your results, you can contact us now on +44 (0)333 241 2800 to discuss your options. Lines are open 09:00-17:00.
You'll need to have the following to hand when you call:
- your UCAS application number
- the name of the degree programme you want to apply for
- the qualifications that you have by subject/grade.
What happens after you have applied?
If you receive a verbal offer from our Clearing Enquiry Centre – congratulations! Securing your place is simple: just submit a Clearing application for that degree programme through UCAS Track by midnight GMT on the day the offer is made.
If you cannot submit your Clearing application within this time frame for any reason, please notify the admissions tutor who made the offer as soon as possible.
Who’s eligible for Clearing?
If you meet one of the following you can apply through Clearing:
- you are not holding any offers from universities or colleges
- your offers have not been confirmed because you have not met the conditions
- you have declined, or not responded to, a changed course/date of entry/point of entry offer
- you have applied too late for your application to be considered before Clearing.
Who’s eligible for Adjustment?
If your exam results are better than you expected and you meet or exceed the conditions of your conditional firm offer, you’re eligible for ‘adjustment’. Adjustment allows you to look for another university course that better suits your interests and abilities. Adjustment is available from results day (15 August) until 31 August.
If you think this could be you, why not browse our Clearing vacancy list to find out what opportunities could be available.