We have developed several partnerships with schools, colleges and organisations in South Wales to develop and teach a QCF level 3 award in social analytics as well as run events to engage school and college students in the subject.
Some of the organistions we have worked with include:
- Agored Cmyru (AC)
- Department of Statistics, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Royal Statistical Society Centre for Statistical Education (RSSCSE)
- Welsh Joint Educational Consortium (WJEC).
The schools and colleges that we have worked with include:
- Cardiff and the Vale College
- College Cymoedd
- Bryn Hafren Comprehensive School
- Mary Immaculate High School
- St David’s Sixth Form College
- Ysgol Abersychan.
We have run a number of events to engage teachers and students from schools across South Wales:
- Welsh Baccalaureate Conference 2016: The Individual Project
- ESRC Festival of Social Science - a world full of data
- Welsh Baccalaureate Conference 2015
- ESRC Festival of Social Science - why quantitative methods?
- Launch of the QCF Level 3 pilot scheme in social analytics
- Summer data School 2014
- Higher Education lecturer conference: Lies, damned lies and statistics
- Further Education teacher conference: Statistical literacy