Knowledge Exchange Skills Scholarship (KESS 2)
Knowledge Economy Skills Scholarships (KESS2) support doctoral, MPhil and research master's degree qualifications in all Welsh universities, jointly sponsored by external partners from Wales.
KESS 2 is a pan-Wales higher level skills initiative led by Bangor University on behalf of the higher education sector in Wales. It is part-funded by the Welsh Government’s European Social Fund (ESF).
Key participation criteria
- Research projects must be co-developed with an external partner with a base in Wales and demonstrate benefit to that region.
- Projects must fit to one of the Welsh Government’s priority economic sectors:
- ICT and digital economy
- low carbon, energy and environment
- life sciences and health
- advanced engineering and materials.
- If you receive a KESS2 scholarship you must also have a home or work address in the relevant region in Wales (East or West) when you apply and enrol.
How to apply
PhD project applications in invited under the KESS2 East Programme. Application is open to projects with SMEs and large private sector partner only. Application deadline is 5 July 2019.
East and West MPhil and MRes applications can be submitted at any time. Priority will be given to MRes and MPhil proposals with micro-companies, SMEs, charitable organisations and large sector partners.
Academic supervisors must liaise with their School PGR/Research offices when preparing applications – applications should be submitted via the Academic School office to the Doctoral Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org with School approval.
Please download the project application form to apply.
Priority will be given to private sector partners and partners who have not previously received KESS2 funding.
Finance and Compliance Project Officer
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 9439
Knowledge Economy Skills Scholarships (KESS) is a pan-Wales higher level skills initiative led by Bangor University on behalf of the Higher Education sector in Wales. It is part-funded by the Welsh Government’s European Social Fund (ESF).