The 30(ish) Awards
The 30(ish) Awards celebrates the change-makers, innovators, and rule-breakers in the Cardiff University alumni community. We will be recognising a list of 30(ish) finalists who have made a positive contribution to their community, and all before they hit 30. Well, 30(ish).
Nominate or apply
Nominations have now closed.
We’re a leading institution of higher learning. We won’t be confined by arbitrary numbers. And like the rule-breakers and innovators we are celebrating, we’re doing things a little differently. So, if you are an alum under or over 30, and you feel 30(ish), then apply away.
An award, a list and an event
Our 30(ish) finalists will make the 30(ish) list, be given an award and receive an invitation to join us on Thursday 5 October 2023 to celebrate with us at the 30(ish) awards event.
The event will be hosted by Cardiff University’s new President and Vice-Chancellor, Professor Wendy Larner and featuring emcee Matt Barbet (BA 1997, PgDip 1999).
Forget traditional black tie - this is a celebration of Cardiff-made bright sparks. The 30(ish) finalists will also be in the running for some special recognitions on the night.
Take a chance on landing yourself an exclusive spot on a night of connecting with other pioneering Cardiff alumni. But even if you can’t make the date, you will still be able to bask in the glory of being acknowledged on this prestigious list. We know we have brilliant alumni across the world who will be nominated, and the panel will select finalists based on merit, not on ability to attend the event.
Terms and conditions
- Nominees must be Cardiff University alumni.
- Applications for the 2023 awards open on Wednesday 26 April at 12:00 (BST) and close on Monday 24 July at 23:59 (BST).
- If nominating someone else, you must give us permission to contact the individual to ensure they are happy to be considered for an award.
- By making a nomination, you give the university permission to use the content you have provided on our website, publicity and marketing materials.
- Finalists will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the university. The decision of the panel is final and we will not enter into correspondence with regards to the decision of the panel.
- The finalists and those who nominated them, will be informed directly before any announcements are made. If in the event a finalist does not wish to accept the award or has opted out of any contact from the alumni office, the University reserves the right to choose and notify the next-placed runner-up.
- All finalists will be invited to The 30(ish) Awards event in Cardiff in October 2023. Please note the nominees’ availability to attend will not affect the outcome of the application.
- There is no financial element to the award prize.
- The university reserves the right to cancel the competition or amend the rules at any time, without prior notice.
- By making a submission, you consent to the data you provide being used by the university for the purposes of administering the competition, and in line with Cardiff University’s data protection policy. The Alumni Relations Team will also record all nominations against the nominee’s record on the alumni database for future reference.
- The university accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, or for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures.