The 30(ish) Awards
The 30(ish) Awards celebrates the change-makers, innovators, and rule-breakers in the Cardiff University alumni community. We will be recognising a list of 30(ish) finalists who have made a positive contribution in their community, and all before they hit 30. Well, 30(ish).
Nominate or apply
Nominations are now closed.
Unlike other 30 Under 30 lists, we aren’t asking you to submit an application for a specific category. These awards don’t require you to “fit into a box” and we don’t want to “confine” you to a theme when applying. We’ll do the legwork to highlight your strengths when honouring our finalists.
We’re a leading institution of higher learning. We won’t be confined by arbitrary numbers. And like the rule-breakers and innovators we are celebrating, we’re doing things a little differently. So, if you are an alum under or over 30, and you feel 30(ish), then apply away.
An award, a list and an event
Our 30(ish) finalists will make the 30(ish) list, be given an award and receive an invitation to join us on 20 October 2022 to celebrate with us at the 30(ish) awards event.
Forget traditional black tie - this is a celebration of Cardiff-made bright sparks. The 30(ish) finalists will also be in the running for some special recognitions on the night. Tickets will only cost £10 for you and a plus one (including canapés and a welcome drink), so what are you waiting for?
Take a chance on landing yourself an exclusive spot at a night of connecting with other pioneering Cardiff alumni. But even if you can’t make the date, you will still be able to bask in the glory of being acknowledged on this prestigious list. We know we have brilliant alumni across the world who will be nominated, and the panel will select finalists based on merit, not on ability to attend the event.
Terms and conditions
- Nominees must be Cardiff University alumni.
- Applications for the 2022 awards open on Friday 24 June at 08:00 (BST) and close on Wednesday 31 August at 23:59 (BST).
- If nominating someone else, you must give us permission to contact the individual to ensure they are happy to be considered for an award.
- By making a nomination, you give the University permission to use the content you have provided on our website, publicity and marketing materials.
- Finalists will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the University. The decision of the panel is final and we will not enter into correspondence with regards to the decision of the panel.
- The finalists and those who nominated them, will be informed directly before any announcements are made. If in the event a finalist does not wish to accept the award, or has opted out of any contact from the alumni office, the University reserves the right to choose and notify the next-placed runner up.
- All finalists will be invited to The 30(ish) Awards event in Cardiff on 20 October 2022. Please note the nominees’ availability to attend this will not affect the outcome of the application.
- There is no financial element to the award prize.
- The University reserves the right to cancel the competition or amend the rules at any time, without prior notice.
- By making a submission, you consent to the data you provide being used by the University for the purposes of administering the competition, and in line with Cardiff University’s data protection policy. The Alumni Relations Team will also record all nominations against the nominee’s record on the alumni database for future reference.
- The University accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, or for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures.