Probability and Statistics
Probability and Statistics is a research area within which you can focus your studies as part of our suite of Mathematics research programmes (MPhil, PhD).
The following specialisations are available within this research area:
- Multivariate statistical analysis
- Time series analysis
- Statistical modelling in market research
- Optimal experimental design
- Stochastic global optimisation
- Change point detection
- Probabilistic methods in search and number theory
- Medical statistics
- Random fields
- Mathematical finance.