Available to: undergraduates and postgraduates
A large hall of residence very close to the City Centre and Cathays Park campus.
This is a large hall of residence with self-catered and part catered options. It is close to the Cathays Park campus, the Students’ Union and the City Centre and is also particularly convenient for students studying Mathematics, Engineering, Physics and Astronomy or Computer Science.
The evening meal service provides students with a hot meal Monday to Friday except during vacations. Generally the meals are served between 4.30pm – 7.30pm Monday to Thursday and 4.30pm - 6:30pm on Fridays at the nearby Trevithick Restaurant in the Queen’s Buildings.
Distance to campuses
|Main Building||Heath Park campus|
|Distance||0.5 miles||1.75 miles|
|Walking||10 minutes||35 minutes|
|Cycling||5 minutes||17 minutes|
Park Place, Cardiff Bus 95
Please note: the timings given above are only provided as a guide.
|Supermarket||City Centre (Sainsburys)|
|Fast food||City Centre|
|Sports facilities||Cardiff University Fitness and Conditioning Centre
View all of the University's sports facilities
- Part catered (evening meal provided 16:30-19:30 Monday to Thursday and 16:30-18:30 on Friday at Trevithick Restaurant.)
Please note: meals are not provided during vacations or on bank holidays
- Ensuite (120 rooms for Postgraduate students only)
- Shared bathroom (490 rooms for Undergraduate students only)
- Shared kitchen/dining areas
- Flats for 5 students
- Network connection point and Wi-Fi access
- Bicycle sheds
- Car parking (20 spaces)
- Welsh-speaking and learners' flats
- Quiet living option for postgraduates (shared flats/houses with other students who have also expressed an interest in a quiet living environment)
- 1 room equipped with a flashing alarm and a vibrating pillow, suitable for those with a hearing impairment.
Two of the houses provide the following Postgraduate 'Plus' facilities:
- each flat contains crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils and colour television with licence paid
- each study bedroom contains a duvet and two sets of bed linen.
Session 2018/2019 (prices for 2019/2020 will be available from May 2019)
Standard residential period (September to June)
|Self-catered, shared bathroom||£4165.27||(2 X £1388.42 and 1 X £1388.43)||Undergraduates only|
|Part-catered, shared bathroom||£5070.41||(2 X £1690.14 and 1 X £1690.13)||Undergraduates only|
|Self-catered, ensuite||£4850.90||(2 X £1616.97 and 1 X £1616.96)||Postgraduates only|
|Part-catered, ensuite||£5756.04||(3 X £1918.68)||Postgraduates only|
|Car parking||£163||(2 X £54.33 1 X £54.34)|
Full year residential period (September to September)
|Self-catered, ensuite Postgraduate 'Plus'||£7039.99||(2 X £2346.66 and 1 X £2346.67)||Postgraduates only|
Assistant Residences Manager
- +44 (0)29 2087 4864
- +44 (0)29 2087 4863
(Shared bathrooms are for undergraduates, en-suite rooms are for postgraduates.)
+44 (0)29 2087 5709