Dr Mikhail Cherdantsev
The main areas of my research are Periodic and Stochastic Homogenisation, High-contrast Homogenisation, Spectral Theory, Wave Propagation, Non-linear Elasticity, PDEs in Singular Domains, Multiscale Analysis.
- M. Cherdantsev, K. Cherednichenko, S. Cooper. Extreme localisation of eigenfunctions in one-dimensional high-contrast problems with a defect. To appear in SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis.
- M. Cherdantsev, K. Cherednichenko, I. Velcic. Stochastic homogenisation of high-contrast media. Applicable Analysis (2018).
- M. Cherdantsev, K. Cherednichenko, S. Neukamm. High contrast homogenisation in nonlinear elasticity under small loads. Asymptotic Analysis, 104 (1-2), pp. 67-102 (2017).
- M. Cherdantsev, K. Cherednichenko. Bending of thin periodic plates. Calc. Var. and PDEs, 54(4), pp. 4079–4117 (2015).
- M. Cherdantsev, K. Cherednichenko. Two-scale Γ-convergence of integral functionals and its application to homogenisation of nonlinear high-contrast periodic composites. Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal., 204, pp. 445–478 (2012).
- M. Cherdantsev. Spectral convergence for high-contrast elliptic periodic problems with a defect via homogenization. Mathematika, 55 (1-2), pp. 29-57 (2009).
- M. Cherdantsev. Asymptotic expansion of eigenvalues of the Laplace operator in domains with singularly perturbed boundary. Math. Notes, 78(2), pp. 270–278 (2005).
Autumn term: Multivariable and Vector Calculus / Calculus of Several Variables, Methods of Applied Mathematics.
Homogenisation of thin periodically perforated elastic plates.
Co-Supervisor for James Evans - “Chirality effects in composite media by mathematical homogenisation” (awarded 2016).