Dr Mikhail Cherdantsev
The main areas of my research are wave propagation problems in periodic composites, elastic properties of periodic composites, problems involving multiple scales. My current research interests are:
- Rigorous analysis of problems in continuum mechanics;
- Classical and non-classical homogenisation of differential equations and integral functionals;
- Asymptotic analysis of problems involving scale interaction and singularly perturbed problems;
- Spectral problems in PDEs;
- Wave propagation in periodic media, metamaterials.
- Cherdantsev, M., Kamotski, I.: Spectral asymptotics in networks of thin domains. To be submitted.
- Cherdantsev, M., Cherednichenko, K.D., Cooper, S.: Extreme localisation of eigenfunctions to one-dimensional high-contrast problems with a defect. To be submitted.
- Cherdantsev, M.,Cherednichenko, K.D., Neukamm, S.: Homogenisation in finite elasticity for composites with a high contrast in the vicinity of rigid-body motions. Submitted.
- Cherdantsev, M., Cherednichenko, K.D.: Bending of thin periodic plates. Calc. Var. 54(4), 4079–4117 (2015).
- Cherdantsev, M., Cherednichenko, K.D.: Two-scale Γ-convergence of integral functionals and its application to homogenisation of nonlinear high-contrast periodic composites. Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal. 204, 445–478 (2012).
- Cherdantsev, M: Spectral convergence for high-contrast elliptic periodic problems with a defect via homogenization. Mathematika 55 (1-2), 29-57 (2009).
- Cherdantsev, M.: Asymptotic expansion of eigenvalues of the Laplace operator in domains with singularly perturbed boundary. Math. Notes 78(2), 270–278 (2005).
Work in progress:
- Cherdantsev, M., Cherednichenko, K.D., Homogenisation of periodic elastic shells from nonlinear setting. In preparation.
Autumn term: Calculus of Several Variables.
Spring term: Methods of Applied Mathematics, Ordinary Differential Equations.