Careers and employability
In the latest available survey, 97% of our undergraduates were in employment or further study within six months of graduation (2015/2016 figures).
From the public to the private sector, we enable careers in a wide range of fields.
Our politics and international relations graduates use their newly-acquired skills in a broad spectrum of jobs within the media, audit, tax and advisory services, the civil service, politics, market research and teaching.
Many of our Law graduates pursue law-related careers and are now paralegals, family support workers, negotiators, licensed conveyancers and trainee lawyers. However, other Law graduates have used the employability skills they gained at university to enter careers in sectors such as banking, insurance, healthcare, teaching, hospitality and the police service.
Focused career support
Our Careers and Employability service offers information, advice and guidance to our students at every stage of their degree, delivering a tailored range of career-related events throughout the year. Whatever your career ambitions, we can help you to start your journey with our range of focused careers and employability activities.
Careers and employability support includes:
- one-to-one sessions by appointment
- master classes on CV writing, application forms, interview preparation and Linked In
- career planning sessions including career options for your specific degree
- professional networking events
- professional guest speakers from a wide range of sectors (eg solicitors, barristers, civil service and third sector representatives)
- work experience and placement advice
- Specialist support from Go Wales
- mock interviews
- information on internships and graduate training programmes
- Enterprise and entrepreneurial activities
- links to the Global Opportunities Centre (GOC)
- opportunity to complete an employability award (Cardiff Award)
- up-to-date careers information and links to additional graduate careers resources.
You can find the Careers and Employability service on Park Place.
For information specific to our subject areas, contact Helen McNally: