Find us >

Fees and Funding

A composite fee is charged for each year of study and is payable at enrolment. This includes fees for admissions, registration, tuition and examination. The tuition fees are increased annually, in line with the general level of inflation.

Fees for 2013/2014 UK/EU Full Time International Full Time
MA Journalism (with dissertation) £9,384 £16,542
Diploma Journalism £7,647 £13,236
MA International Journalism £6,954 £13,236
MA International Public Relations and Global Communications Management £6,546 £12,700
MA Journalism, Media and Communications £6,546 £12,700
MA Political Communication £6,546 £12,700
MSc Science, Media and Communication £5,445 £12,700

If you are a self-financing student (i.e. you or your family are funding your studies) then you can pay your tuition fees in three equal instalments.

For further details please see

Funding Contacts for Home and EU Students

You can find out more about funding for UK and EU students on the main Cardiff University website:

Information for Prospective Postgraduates

If you would like to contact the University to find out more, students from the UK (including the Channel Islands) and EU countries please contact:

Cardiff University Postgraduate Recruitment Office

UK Funding for Overseas Students

As competition for funding within the UK is so strong, it is a good idea to start your search by contacting your own Ministry of Education or Education Department, as they should have details of scholarship opportunities for students wishing to study overseas. You should also contact your nearest British Council office which will have details of British scholarship schemes. They will also be able to provide you with general information on studying and living in the UK. If there is no British Council office then contact your nearest British Embassy or British High Commission. You can also try looking on The British Council Website.

The competition for grants to study in the UK is very strong. Most grant-making organisations will insist that you meet some very strict requirements and you may have to be nominated by your government to get a grant from the UK government. You should be aware that if you do not meet all the requirements for a grant, then you will not be considered.

Funding Contacts for Overseas Students

If you would like to contact Cardiff University about funding, please contact:

Cardiff University International Development Division