Knowledge Economy Skills Scholarships (KESS2) support doctoral, MPhil and research master's degree qualifications in all Welsh universities, jointly sponsored by external partners from Wales.
KESS 2 is a pan-Wales higher level skills initiative led by Bangor University on behalf of the higher education sector in Wales. It is part-funded by the Welsh Government’s European Social Fund (ESF).
Key participation criteria:
- Research projects must be co-developed with an external partner with a base in Wales and demonstrate benefit to that region.
- Projects must fit to one of the Welsh Government’s priority economic sectors:
- ICT and digital economy
- low carbon, energy and environment
- life sciences and health
- advanced engineering and materials.
- Students who receive KESS2 scholarships must also have a home or work address in the relevant region in Wales (East or West) when they apply and enrol.
Please note we are no longer accepting PhD project applications because we have fully awarded our allocations.
We are still open to applications for MRes/MPhil proposals at any time, please contact KESS2 administrative team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your ideas before developing a full proposal.
Please download the project application form to apply.
Priority will be given to private sector partners and partners who have not previously received KESS2 funding.
Finance and Compliance Project Officer
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 9439
Knowledge Economy Skills Scholarships (KESS) is a pan-Wales higher level skills initiative led by Bangor University on behalf of the Higher Education sector in Wales. It is part-funded by the Welsh Government’s European Social Fund (ESF).