Knowledge Economy Skills Scholarships (KESS2) supports doctoral, MPhil and research master's degree qualifications in all Welsh universities, jointly sponsored by external partners from Wales.
KESS 2 is a pan-Wales higher level skills initiative led by Bangor University on behalf of the higher education sector in Wales. It is part-funded by the Welsh Government’s European Social Fund (ESF) convergence programme for West Wales and the Valleys.
Key participation criteria:
- Research projects must be co-developed with an external partner with a base in the West Wales and the Valleys regions and demonstrate benefit to that region.
- Projects must fit to one of the Welsh Government’s priority economic sectors:
- ICT & digital economy
- low carbon, energy and environment
- life sciences and health
- advanced engineering and materials.
- Students who receive KESS2 scholarships must also have a home or work address in the West Wales and the Valleys areas of Wales when they apply and enrol.
The next KESS2 application call closes on 31 March 2017.
PhD is only open to SMEs partners.
MRes & MPhil is open to all partners.
Please contact us before you develop a full proposal.
KESS2 scholarships will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
We wish to prioritise applications with SMEs.
Please contact the KESS2 team to discuss your ideas:firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance and Compliance Project Officer
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 9439
Knowledge Economy Skills Scholarships (KESS) is a pan-Wales higher level skills initiative led by Bangor University on behalf of the Higher Education sector in Wales. It is part-funded by the Welsh Government’s European Social Fund (ESF) West Wales and the Valleys programme.