Knowledge Economy Skills Scholarships (KESS2) support doctoral, MPhil and research master's degree qualifications in all Welsh universities, jointly sponsored by external partners from Wales.
KESS 2 is a pan-Wales higher level skills initiative led by Bangor University on behalf of the higher education sector in Wales. It is part-funded by the Welsh Government’s European Social Fund (ESF) convergence programme for West Wales and the Valleys.
Key participation criteria:
- Research projects must be co-developed with an external partner with a base in the West Wales and the Valleys regions and demonstrate benefit to that region.
- Projects must fit to one of the Welsh Government’s priority economic sectors:
- ICT and digital economy
- low carbon, energy and environment
- life sciences and health
- advanced engineering and materials.
- Students who receive KESS2 scholarships must also have a home or work address in the West Wales and the Valleys areas of Wales when they apply and enrol.
A call is now open for PhD, MRes and MPhil projects to start April, July and October 2018. Applications should be co-developed between academic supervisors at the University and external partners.
Please download the project application form to apply.
Priority will be given to private sector partners and partners who have not previously received KESS2 funding.
Please contact the KESS2 administrative team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your ideas before developing a full proposal.
Completed applications forms should be submitted by 22 November 2017.
The call will be re-opened if insufficient applications are received.
Finance and Compliance Project Officer
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 9439
Knowledge Economy Skills Scholarships (KESS) is a pan-Wales higher level skills initiative led by Bangor University on behalf of the Higher Education sector in Wales. It is part-funded by the Welsh Government’s European Social Fund (ESF) West Wales and the Valleys programme.