Fish Facilities and Flumes
Our fish facilities and flumes are accessible to stakeholders and visiting researchers.
These facilities are made available by our affiliated researchers Prof Jo Cable from the Infection Biology Group in the School of Biosciences and Dr Catherine Wilson from the Hydro-Environmental Research Centre in the School of Engineering.
Aquatic facilities include:
- replicated tanks and pools for feeding, drug and infection trials
- breeding facilities for model fish species (guppies and sticklebacks)
- recirculating Aquatic System (RAS) for salmonids
- quarantine facilities for Invasive Non-Native Species (INNS)
- remote monitoring systems for aquatic behaviour
- sediment flumes
- 4-meter and 10-meter long flow flumes (one with adjustable water temperatures).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Jo or Catherine if you would like to use our fish facilities.
Professor Jo Cable
Head of Organisms and Environment Division, Masters Lead
- +44 (0)29 2087 6022
Dr Catherine Wilson
Reader - Teaching and Research
- +44 (0)29 2087 4282