Educators and trainers
We provide resources and training for undergraduate and postgraduate students, and medical and allied health professionals.
The centre is located in the School of Biosciences and is home to the largest dissection room in Wales.
- a collection of prosected specimens illustrating features of clinical and anatomical importance
- material in coronal, sagittal and transverse planes to correlate with imaging modalities
- central nervous system (CNS) prosections and slices
- an extensive bone collection for osteological study
- anatomical models
- fresh frozen facilities
- historical potted pathological specimens
- lecture and small group teaching rooms available within the building.
Learning with cadaveric material
Learning anatomy using cadaveric material enables a true 3D appreciation of the body and the important relations of the structures within it. Unlike learning from a textbook and models, it allows the learner to:
- observe normal variations (an aspect essential for surgical and clinical understanding)
- appreciate mortality
- understand fundamental ethical principles.
For enquiries about booking the centre, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org