Our wireless network is an eduroam service, so students, researchers and staff from participating institutions can connect to our wireless network with a username and password from their home institution.
If you're visiting Cardiff University and require access to Wi-Fi, you may be able to connect to the visitor wireless service: CU-Visitor Wi-Fi, which will appear on your list of available networks.
We can grant access if you are:
- a delegate attending conferences organised by staff or students, in line with our publicly funded remit
- a member of commercial organisations and public bodies, who has been invited by the University.
If eduroam visitors are having problems accessing the wireless we may be able to provide a guest account.
We are currently unable to provide access to the following people:
- prospective students (if they enroll early they will gain access)
- walk-in users
- delegates at externally-organised conferences which have no connection with our publicly funded remit.
Requesting a guest account
Visitor wireless coupons are available from the IT Service Desk:
Coupons can be created for use of up to 14 days, depending on the length of your stay.
- you will be able to access public web pages and web-based email, other services may not work
- your account usage period will start when you first log in
- Cardiff University will monitor the usage of these accounts,
- these temporary accounts will not allow you to log into a University managed workstation.
Open day Wi-Fi access
Cardiff University is a wireless campus and you are welcome to use our wireless network whilst you are with us on our open day.
To access Wi-Fi if you’re attending an Open Day:
- select the network CU-Visitor on your device and register your details
- you will shortly receive a text containing a unique login,
- log in to start using Wi-Fi whenever you are on the campus.
Guidance is available during the Open Day at the Libraries and IT Facilities stand for guidance with accessing Open Day Wi-Fi.
Long-term visitors (more than two weeks)
If you are a conference delegate or sponsored guest, please contact your conference organiser or your Cardiff University sponsor within the School or department you are visiting for more information on obtaining Wi-Fi access.
If you're unsure about whom to contact or if you have any problems connecting to the Wi-Fi, please contact the IT Service Desk: