We are hosting our free one-day Teacher and Careers Advisers’ conference on Thursday 23 May 2019.
Running from 08:45-15:00 on our city centre campus, Cathays Park, this professional development opportunity is designed to provide you with information and advice on a range of Higher Education topics as well as developments at Cardiff University. It caters for:
- heads of sixth forms
- heads of departments
- all A level teachers
- career advisers.
Whilst we know finding time away from the classroom can be difficult, this opportunity is not to be missed by those who support students considering Higher Education.
- Ask the Expert: Join our Head of Admissions for an update on University policies followed by an opportunity to put your own questions to a panel of key representatives including Admissions, UCAS and Student Support services.
- 'Back to my Roots': Inclusive Education: Led by Dr Ceri Morris, we will return to the fundamental question, 'What is education for?' Exploring the impact of recent educational policy on issues of social justice and ‘the dilemma of difference’. We will discuss barriers to learning and inclusive practice before considering how to support our learners to develop the skills they need as they transition from school to post-compulsory education and work environments.
- UCAS: current market trends and advisor support: Find out more about the current application market and trends along with information on the UCAS resources available to support you in your role.
- Discover the Cardiff Experience: Find out what our students really think about Cardiff University and what they wish they’d known in sixth form when applying to Higher Education.
- Breakout sessions: Select from a range of breakout sessions including personal statement and reference writing, global opportunities, and applying to Medicine, Dentistry and the Healthcare Sciences.
26 March 2019
Teachers Conference programme, including schedule for the day and sign up form.
Book your place
Places are limited and we will therefore operate a first-come first-served booking policy. Should the event be over-subscribed, each organisation will be limited to two places per school/college/organisation.
We aim to provide an accessible environment for all applicants, students and visitors. If you or any member of your party have special requirements, please contact us in advance to discuss your needs. We will also have dedicated parking on-site for those with accessibility needs.
For further information, please contact:
Schools and Colleges Liaison Officer
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 0438