- Tuesday 2 March 2021, 08:00 - Tuesday 29 June 2021, 20:00
Join our free Discover Cardiff Webinar Series to get support and guidance on applying to university and what life might be like when you begin your studies.
This free webinar series aims to support students in Years 12 and 13 who are interested in going to university. The talks will offer a range of support and guidance on higher education topics, which include:
- an introduction to Higher Education Student Finance - can I afford university?
- UCAS and applying to university
- online study and remote learning: the effects of the pandemic Student life (and a chance to ask questions to our current students)
- skills development talks on topics such as note-taking and managing your time
- an introduction to student life and Cardiff Students' Union Student-led talks - your chance to hear from our current students about our courses and what it's like to study at Cardiff University.
We will also be running talks for parents, guardians and supporters.
Accessing the programme
Sessions will usually be delivered via Zoom. You will need to create a free Sched account and sign in to access the webinar link for each session.
By creating a Sched account, you can also create your own personalised Discover Cardiff programme and receive tailored reminders about the sessions that interest you.
What to expect during a webinar
Webinars are delivered by Cardiff University staff and students. You will be able to see and hear them, but they will not be able to see or hear you (so you don't need to worry about having access to a web camera or microphone).
You will have the chance to submit questions via the Q&A function on Zoom.
Zoom can be used on most smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop PCs.
Find out more
For more information about the activity, please visit our website.
About the organiser
This activity is organised by Widening Participation and Outreach. Contact Scott Mckenzie at email@example.com for more details.