Discovering Muslims in Britain: Key Stage 3 Teaching Resources
- Available on request
What does it mean to be a Muslim in Britain today?
These teaching resources consist of nine lessons and an assessment. Each lesson is designed to answer key questions.
- how can we understand religion in society?
- what does Islam mean to Muslims?
- how do Muslims follow religious sources of wisdom and authority today?
- how do Muslims practice their faith?
- what is the history of Muslims in Britain?
- where are Muslim communities located?
- what is a mosque?
- how do Muslims express their faith through the arts?
- to what extent do Muslims in Britain experience Islamophobia?
The teaching resources can be used as both working lessons and also stimuli for teaching ideas. We have ensured that these resources are fully downloadable, editable, and designed in a modular way to make them as flexible and easy to use as possible. As such, there is no set way to use these resources. They can be used as an entire scheme of work, individually, or elements can be taken out and used in pre-existing lessons.
We encourage you to adapt and experiment with these resources to fit the needs of your school and classes. Each of the lessons includes a teacher PowerPoint presentation, pupil worksheet Lesson plan and other associated resources. lessons are designed with upper-Key Stage 3 in mind, and lasts approximately one hour.
Find out more
For more information about the activity, please visit our website.
About the organiser
This activity is organised by Centre for the Study of Islam in the UK. Contact Matthew Vince at email@example.com for more details.