Offer guarantee scheme
You may be eligible for our offer guarantee scheme if you make us your firm choice university.
For most of our undergraduate courses, we will reduce grade requirements by one grade if you:
- are taking a qualifying Level 3 qualification for the first time
- receive a standard offer
- and make us your firm choice university.
This means, for example, if your original offer is AAB and you make us your firm choice, we'll reduce your offer to ABB.
What you need to do
You’ll need to make us your firm choice on UCAS Track within the deadline provided by UCAS.
If you qualify for the scheme you will receive an email from us confirming your offer guarantee.
Your offer on UCAS Track will not change to reflect the amended offer. We will automatically apply the offer guarantee upon receipt of your results.
Which courses are eligible?
The offer guarantee scheme applies to all our undergraduate courses except:
- Dentistry (BDS) and Dental Hygiene
- Healthcare Sciences courses
- Medicine (MBBCh)
- BSc Optometry with a Preliminary Year
- BSc Psychology (including with a Placement Year) is to be confirmed
- programmes in Law to be confirmed
- MA Social Work.
For undergraduate courses in the Schools of Architecture, Biosciences, Business, as well as the BSc in Optometry and our law courses, the offer guarantee is only for applicants with an offer of AAB or above.
Offers lower than the standard entry requirements
The offer guarantee may not apply if we’ve already taken into account other factors to make an offer lower than the standard entry requirements, such as through the contextual admissions policy.
Specific grade requirements
You'll still need to achieve specific grades requested in your formal offer, for example:
- a grade or points in a specified subject
- a GCSE or English language requirement
Level 3 qualifications
The scheme covers the following Level 3 qualifications:
- A Levels
- Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate Skills Challenge Certificate
- International Baccalaureate
- Cambridge Pre-U.
The scheme is also available to Extended/International Project Qualification (EPQ/IPQ) students who receive a bespoke offer as detailed on individual course pages.
Office hours: 08:30 to 17:00 GMT Monday to Friday.