Unless stated in the exceptions, you will not be required to pay a deposit if:
- the offer was made before 14 October 2016
- you are in receipt of a full tuition fee scholarship or sponsorship from Cardiff University or a recognised sponsor or funding body
- you are in receipt of a full tuition fee bank, student or US Federal loan
- you are studying on an approved progression programme at an approved partner institution
- you have firmly accepted an unconditional offer to study on a Cardiff University pre-sessional programme
- you are a current Cardiff University student studying on a full degree programme.
You may be asked to provide documentary evidence to be exempt from paying a deposit.
Applicants to the School of Dentistry's clinical programmes (MSc Implantology, MScD Orthodontics, Master of Clinical Dentistry (Endodontology), Master of Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics), Postgraduate Diploma Implant Dentistry) who are
- current enrolled Cardiff University students, or
- in receipt of a full tuition fee scholarship
will still be required to pay the deposit and will not be eligible for an exemption under this category. This is so that the School, in conjunction with the Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, is able to identify and select appropriate clinical cases to support the delivery of the clinical training.
Requests for an exemption must be received before the deposit payment deadline. Requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include evidence of award or loan with this request.
If you are classed as Home for fee purposes, you must contact your Academic School directly for further information and advice on applying for an exemption.