Wellcome Trust funded GW4 Clinical Academic Training PhD Programme (GW4-CAT) - Medical, Veterinary and Dental Graduates
|Application deadline||1 April 2019|
|Start date||1 August 2020|
|Level of study||Postgraduate research|
|Award type||PhD studentship|
|Number of studentships||4|
Applications are invited from exceptional medical, veterinary and dental graduates to undertake outstanding PhD training within a new cohort of clinical trainees across the universities of Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter.
The scheme, supported by the Wellcome Trust, will provide you with a choice of joining one of over 50 world-leading research groups in population health, cardiovascular science, neuroscience, mental health, infection, immunity & repair, cancer or molecular cell biology, access to a wide range of core and specialist training modules to support your ambitions plus exceptional individualised clinical mentoring.
For any queries please contact the GW4-CAT Programme Administrator:
+44 117 3311598
Please see the full list of the GW4-CAT Supervisors
|Tuition fee support||Full UK/EU tuition fees|
|Maintenance stipend||Doctoral stipend matching UK Research Council National Minimum|
|Additional funding offered||A consumable budget between £15K - £45K subject to agreement and a training and travel budget of £5K.|
|Residency||To be eligible for entry into the programme you must have a qualification that allows you to practice clinically in the UK. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom by commencement of the PhD.|
Medical and dental graduates
In order to apply, please submit the following:
- An application form for 2020 start
- A detailed C.V. (4 pages maximum, 10 point Arial in .doc .dox or .rtf format)
- A personal statement (2 pages maximum, 10 point Arial in .doc .dox or .rtf format). This should outline your achievements to date, any research experience including publications and awards, your future career ambitions, and why you want to apply to this programme. Academic references will only be requested if the applicant is shortlisted
- The application form should be completed and submitted online and all additional supporting documentation should be emailed to GW4-CAT@bristol.ac.uk
- Do not submit PDF versions of your supporting documents.
We reserve the right to close applications early should sufficient applications be received.
Funding opportunity provided by: