AHRC South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership
The AHRC South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership (SWW2) is a consortium comprising Cardiff University, Aberystwyth University, Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales, Bath Spa University, University of Bristol, Cranfield University, University of Exeter, University of Reading, University of Southampton, and the University of the West of England.
Building on the strengths and partnerships developed under SWW1, SWW2 offers postgraduate studentships designed to train and prepare a new generation of professional researchers in the arts and humanities for a wide range of careers, including in academia and the cultural and industry sectors.
Collaboration between member universities and partner organisations is central to the DTP’s ethos, and you will be supported by a co-supervisory team based in Cardiff University and another consortium institution. You will also benefit from access to the Partnership’s collective resources and training opportunities.
- Cultural and Museum Studies
- Law and Legal Studies
- Political Science and International Studies (Diplomacy and International Relations)
- Theology, Divinity and Religion
- Visual Arts: Art History
- Cultural Geography
- Visual Arts: Fine Art History, Theory and Practice
- Visual Arts: Applied Arts History, Theory and Practice
- Visual Arts: Digital Arts and Photography History, Theory and Practice
- Visual Arts (covering Art Theory & Aesthetics; Community Art; Installation and Sound Art History, Theory and Practice; Film-Based and Time-Based History, Theory and Practice)
- Languages and Literature: Creative Writing
- Media: New Media/Web-Based Studies
- Media: Film History, Theory and Criticism
- Media: Television History, Theory and Criticism
- Languages and Literature: Ethnography and Anthropology
- Drama and Theatre Studies
- Cultural Studies (Policy, Arts Management and Creative Industries)
- Languages and Literature (including American Studies, Life-writing, History and Development of English Language, Literary and Cultural Theory, Post-Colonial Studies, Comparative Literature, Medieval Literature, Comparative Studies, Gender and Sexuality)
- Languages and Literature: Asiatic and Oriental Studies
- Languages and Literature: Celtic Studies
- Cultural Studies and Popular Culture
Contact us and indicate your interest in AHRC South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership funding and if you want to be kept up-to-date with any further studentships that are published under this scheme.
For more information, please see the official
South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership website.