To help support future disaster management and prevention in Pakistan, we are launching 5 new full-fee Meezan Scholarships for Pakistani students joining us in September 2023 on a select number of postgraduate programmes.
The Meezan Scholarships will be open to students normally domiciled in Pakistan who are holding offers for eligible masters programmes within the Welsh School of Architecture, and our Schools of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Engineering, and Geography and Planning.
Applications for 2023 scholarships will close at 23:59 BST on 31 May 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
To be eligible for the Meezan Scholarship you must:
- be domiciled in Pakistan (or have been displaced due to the flooding) and be a Pakistani national
- be able to evidence that you meet all entry requirements of your offer, including English language requirements, by 20 August 2023
- be self-financed and not in receipt of non-repayable funding from alternative sources
- be holding an offer for an eligible postgraduate taught degree commencing in September 2023 at the point of submitting a scholarship application
- be classed as an international fee-paying student
- accept your offer by 30 June 2023
- have submitted the scholarship application by 31 May 2023
Successful applicants will be required to engage with the International Office to produce promotional content about their experience as an international students at Cardiff. This may include written pieces/blogs and video content as well as participation in occasional webinars or other online activities.
The following postgraduate taught programmes are eligible for the Meezan Scholarship:
- MA in Architectural Design
- MA Urban Design
- MSc Applied Environmental Geology
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Environmental Hazards
- MSc in Building and Infrastructure Information Modelling for Smart Engineering
- MSc in Civil and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- MSc in Civil and Water Engineering
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Structural Engineering
- MSc Sustainability, Planning and Environmental Policy
- MSc Urban and Regional Development
- MSc Water in a Changing World
How to apply
All eligible offer holders will be contacted by email with details of how to access the online application form.
On the application form, you will be required to answer the following questions with a maximum of 250 words per question:
- what are your reasons for wanting to study at Cardiff University and on your chosen programme of study?
- describe a significant achievement in your student life or working career, and explain the impact it had on other people
- describe how you plan to utilise the skills and experience you develop on your chosen programme to deliver onward benefits in relation to future natural disaster management and prevention in Pakistan
When reviewing scholarship applications, the university will consider whether applicants meet the above entry criteria before confirming an award.
Applications will be assessed shortly after the submission deadline, with scholarships awarded to students with the highest overall scores.
Further terms and conditions apply, please see our terms and conditions document for full details.
Please note: if you are assessed as eligible to pay Home fees as the result of a fee query, your fee status will be amended to Home and you will not be eligible for the Cardiff University Meezan Scholarship.
For more information about the Meezan Scholarship, please contact: