Annual review and enhancement
We give the highest priority to the continuous enhancement of the quality of our programmes and the educational experience provided for all its students.
Annual review and enhancement informs planning processes at School level and provides the College and the University with appropriate information for oversight of the quality assurance and enhancement of both taught and research programmes.
The School lies at the heart of the process, however there are College and University strategic priorities that will also be considered as part of the annual review and enhancement process. At every level, there is an expectation that students will be engaged in every aspect of the process to evaluate a School’s provision and educational experience.
To ensure that the annual review and enhancement process operates effectively, it has been designed in the context of three core principles:
The process is designed to empower the members of Boards of Studies and School Boards to play a full role in analysing and identifying necessary actions to improve the quality of both taught and research programmes and the educational experience of its students.
Ensuring that key decision-makers in Schools, Colleges and the University are engaged in such a way that there is accountability for decisions and actions.
We work in partnership with students across all quality assurance and engagement activities to deliver an excellent educational experience.
Key themes for consideration within annual review and enhancement are:
- update on previous annual review and enhancement (ARE) action plans with progress monitoring
- overview of education provision (undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate research) and areas for development
- collaborative provision arrangements (undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate research) and potential areas of development
- student retention, achievement and progression (undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate research)
- the student voice (undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate research students)
- the student experience (assessment and feedback, employment and employability, Welsh medium provision)
- action planning for the following year and preparation for periodic review (where appropriate)