We offer a select range of postgraduate taught modules that can be taken on a standalone basis.
Our standalone modules give you the opportunity to study flexibly and choose modules to suit your own professional development needs. This means that instead of signing up for a full postgraduate degree (which amounts to 180 credits), you can take a 10, 20 or 30-credit module in a topic of your choice.
- Access flexible and affordable study at a prestigious Russell Group university
- Gain credits from a World Top 100 and UK Top 10 university (Academic Ranking of World Universities)
- Further your career whilst also balancing work and life commitments
- Test out your appetite for a full postgraduate degree
- Put the credits you’ve gained towards a postgraduate qualification*
- Establish wider links with Cardiff University
*Eligibility and timescales for transferring credits will vary from one qualification to another
How modules are taught
In most cases you will be joining a cohort of postgraduate students who are taking a full degree programme, so you will be joining them for one module. The modules we offer on a standalone basis have been carefully chosen, to ensure they are suitable to be taught in this way.
Typically modules are taught over one or two academic semesters (autumn and/or spring), with lectures held at the same time each week. However please note that arrangements do vary from one module to another and so it’s best to check the marketing information for your chosen module.
How to apply
Application details can be found on the page of the module that you’re interested in studying. We ask you to complete a short application form that details your previous qualifications and/or experience.
If you are interested in a postgraduate module that is not detailed, please contact the Continuing Professional Development Unit:
Continuing Professional Development Unit
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 5274