Project Management training course
As project management becomes more widespread in all aspects of life, this course makes this all-important discipline broadly accessible to delegates who need to understand and have practical experience of project management without requiring professional accreditation.
Through a very practical workshop, delegates will leave feeling confident in their ability to manage projects as well as appreciating some of the broader change management and stakeholder engagement issues.
During the workshop, delegates will be introduced to some fundamentals of project management, which is based on the best management practice method of PRINCE2®, as well as the importance of having the right governance and organisation structures in place for effective decision making.
As well as starting from firm foundations, the workshop focuses on the need for a business case and well-structured plans but also recognises that things don’t always go according to those plans.
Your trainer will be Richard Rose.
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by getting in touch.
Who it’s for
This is primarily designed as an introductory course for anyone needing to understand and have a practical experience of project management.
This course is ideal for those who wish to learn more about practical and theoretical aspects of project management, but who do not require accreditation. We run a number of accredited project management courses - ask us for details or view the full course details:
Our accredited courses include:
PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner (5 days)
PRINCE2® blended learning course (home study and 2 face-to-face workshop days)
MSP® (Managing Successful Programmes) (5 days)
MSP® blended learning course (home study and 2 face-to-face workshop days)
What you’ll learn
- How to establish projects, develop business cases and how to get started in a controlled way.
- What is involved in controlling execution – planning, change control, risk & issue management and working with teams.
- Why stakeholder analysis and engagement is important as well as the principles of successful change.
- World of projects
- Governance of projects
- Business cases
- Controlled start
- Plans & planning
- Controlling execution
- Controlling quality
- Controlling risks & Issues
- Controlling change
- Stakeholder engagement
- Principles of change
- Closing a project
As a participant, you will learn some fundamental but valuable skills for managing any type of project through a practical workshop which is based on a scenario with ‘hands-on’ exercises.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- have practiced and be confident in a very broad range of project management techniques
- be able to understand stakeholders and engage with them more effectively throughout the life of the project
- have a deeper insight into the challenges of change management and embedding project driven change into organisations.
Reasons to study with us
- We care about our customers and the service they receive from us.
- We hold the Customer Service Excellence Standard®, which is backed by the Cabinet Office.
- We run our courses with no more than 12 people, enabling everyone to fully participate in the learning experience.
- Our trainers receive excellent feedback from past delegates.
- Our team provides a friendly, welcoming and supportive environment in which to learn.
Teaching and useful information
Course teaching hours are usually 09:00 - 17:00. We will confirm timings, location and other information in the two weeks leading up to your course. The course fee includes all handouts, materials, lunches and refreshments.