PRINCE2® eLearning project management training course
This blended learning course offers a comprehensive and practical understanding of the PRINCE2® method and prepares delegates for the Foundation and Practitioner examinations, which are taken as part of the course.
This is a great alternative to the traditional 5-day MSP® course, as you have the opportunity to study in your own time, then consolidate your learning at a 2-day exam workshop. (View details of our face to face PRINCE2® course.)
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a structured method for effective Project Management.
The PRINCE2® method is internationally accepted as the leading ‘best practice’ project management approach and is widely used in the private and public sectors, both in the UK and internationally. PRINCE2® provides a flexible and adaptable framework covering the wide variety of disciplines and activities required within project management, making it extremely popular with businesses and organisations.
To hold PRINCE2® accreditation indicates that a project manager or business is professional, competent and able to respond to challenging and changing circumstances.
Your trainer will be Aspire Europe (a partner of Cardiff University).
|Start date||Days and times|
|2 October 2019||2 - 3 October, face to face days|
|£1,295 (includes course manual, exam fees, lunch & refreshments)|
Who it’s for
- Busy professionals who are happy to combine private eLearning study with some face to face teaching.
- Project managers who wish to develop their skills and learn about managing projects using the PRINCE2® method.
- Professionals who wish to learn about project management and the PRINCE2® method in particular.
- Anybody who needs to know how to run projects more effectively.
The blended eLearning version differs from the traditional PRINCE2® course in the following ways:
- The face to face element of the course is shorter – 2 days rather than 5.
- A significant amount of the learning is undertaken via eLearning study in your own time.
- The two days of face to face training are designed to help you consolidate the learning you’ve done at home, prior to sitting your Foundation exam (on the afternoon of Day 1) and your Practitioner exam (on the afternoon of Day 2).
- Introducing PRINCE2®
- Key concepts
- Starting up a project
- Initiating a project
- Plans and planning
- Controlled progress
- Configuration management
- Change controlManagement of risk
- Product delivery
- Closing a project
- Exam workshop preparation - Foundation and Practitioner
- Understand and explain the roles, documents, principles themes and processes of PRINCE2® and the relationships between them.
- Tailor and use the key concepts of PRINCE2® on any project.
- Structure, plan and control projects using the appropriate elements of PRINCE2®.
- Be able to sit the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
Teaching and useful information
The eLearning element of the course is to be undertaken in your own time in the month prior to the face to face teaching part of the course. All course materials will be sent to you in good time.
You should have a minimum of 6 months’ project management experience.
Course face to face hours are normally 09:00-17:00. This course comprises 2 days of teaching:
Day 1: Foundation preparation workshop, consolidating facts covered in the eLearning course, prior to sitting the exam. Followed by focus on Practitioner exam techniques and sample paper in the afternoon.
Day 2: Practitioner preparation in the morning, followed by a general review prior to sitting the exam in the afternoon.
This course is intensive and delegates will be required to undertake and complete the full eLearning course, plus further
pre-course tasks prior to attending the workshop. The eLearning element requires around 18 hours of private study. Some
evening work at the end of day one is essential as this event is intensive.
- Foundation eLearning duration is approximately 12 hours
- Practitioner eLearning duration is approximately six hours
Delegates must pass the PRINCE2® Foundation examination at 50% or more if they wish to progress on to the Practitioner
Reasons to study with us
- We care about our customers and the service they receive from us
- We hold the Customer Service Excellence® Standard, which is backed by the Cabinet Office
- We run our courses with no more than 12 people, enabling everyone to fully participate in the learning experience
- Our trainers receive excellent feedback from past delegates
- Our team provides a friendly, welcoming and supportive environment in which to learn.
Project Management Alumni Network
All our project and programme management courses include free membership of Cardiff University’s Project Management Alumni, established to help those working in the field of project and programme management to network, share best
practice and keep up-to-date. Benefits include priority access to free PM events and workshops, exclusive promotions and
discounts, and invitations to other events at the University.