PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner project management course
This five day practical training course offers a comprehensive and practical understanding of the PRINCE2® project management method. This course is fully accredited and prepares delegates for the Foundation and Practitioner examinations, which are taken as part of the course.
Note: We are currently unable to run face-to-face courses due to the ongoing Covid situation. However, we are running a virtual version of this course that you may be interested in.
What is PRINCE2®?
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a structured method for effective Project Management. The PRINCE2® method is internationally accepted as the leading 'best practice' project management approach and is widely used in the private and public sectors, both in the UK and internationally.
PRINCE2® provides a flexible and adaptable framework covering the wide variety of disciplines and activities required within project management, making it extremely popular with businesses and organisations.
To hold PRINCE2® accreditation indicates that a project manager or business is professional, competent and able to respond to challenging and changing circumstances.
Your trainer will be Aspire Europe Limited.
Register your interest
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by getting in touch.
Who it’s for
- Project managers who wish to develop their skills and learn about managing projects using the PRINCE2® method.
- Professionals who wish to learn about project management and the PRINCE2® method in particular.
- Anybody who needs to know how to run projects more effectively.
- Introducing PRINCE2®
- Key concepts
- Starting up a project
- Initiating a project
- Plans and planning
- Controlled progress
- Configuration management
- Change control
- Management of risk
- Product delivery
- Closing a project
- Examinations - Foundation and Practitioner.
- An intensive week-long course that enables you to compress all your study and examinations into five days
- Understand and explain the roles, documents, principles themes and processes of PRINCE2® and the relationships between them
- Tailor and use the key concepts of PRINCE2® on any project
- Structure, plan and control projects using the appropriate elements of PRINCE2®
- Be able to sit the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
This course is very intensive and will require additional evening and home study. Depending upon the pace of the group, the course may finish at lunchtime on the final day. However this should not be assumed, so please make yourself available from 09:00 until 17:00 for the full five days.
Teaching and useful information
Course teaching hours are normally 09:00 - 17:00. This course comprises 4 days of teaching, with an examination on the final day.
PRINCE2® is an intense programme, involving a recommended 10 hours of pre-course work as well as evening study during the week of the course.
We will confirm timings, location and other information in the two weeks leading up to your course. The course fee includes all handouts, materials, lunches and refreshments.
You should have a minimum of 6 months' project management experience. All pre-course work should be completed prior to the course start date.
Delegates must pass the PRINCE2® Foundation examination at 50% or more if they wish to progress on to the Practitioner
Reasons to study with us
- We care about our customers and the service they receive from us
- We hold the Customer Service Excellence Standard®, which is backed by the Cabinet Office
- We run our courses with no more than 12 people, enabling everyone to fully participate in the learning experience
- Our trainers receive excellent feedback from past delegates
- Our team provides a friendly, welcoming and supportive environment in which to learn
Project Management Alumni Network
All our project management courses include free membership of Cardiff University’s Project Management Alumni Network, established to help those working in the field of project and programme management to network, share best practice and keep up-to-date. Benefits include priority access to free PM events and workshops, exclusive promotions and discounts, and invitations to other events at the University.
Cancellations, substitutions and transfers
This course is an 'exceptional' course in terms of our cancellation, substitution and transfer policy. The following is a summary of the exceptional terms that apply to this course. Please see our terms and conditions for full details. Exceptional circumstances will be considered by the Head of CPD Unit.
|Number of working days' notice||% of course fees payable|
|Over 20||£50 administrative fee|
|20-1||In the event that we cannot fill your booking: 70%, plus any costs incurred for any pre-course materials already sent to the delegate or Client, unless the materials are returned to us within 10 Working Days and in brand new condition.|
|Number of working days' notice||Fee payable|
|Under 15||This will be classed as a cancellation and the cancellation fee will apply.|
|Number of working days' notice||Fee payable|
|Over 20||£50 plus any differences in fees between the two courses|
|Under 20||This will be classed as a cancellation and the cancellation fee will apply.|
Accredited PRINCE2® 6th edition training is provided by our partners Aspire Europe, accredited by PeopleCert. PRINCE2® 6th edition is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.