PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner project management course
This five day practical CPD training course offers a comprehensive and practical understanding of the PRINCE2® project management method. This course is fully accredited and prepares delegates for the Foundation and Practitioner examinations, which are taken as part of the course.
We also offer a new blended version of this course; study the eLearning course in your own time, then attend a 2-day face to face workshop to prepare you for the examinations, which are taken as per the traditional course.
What is PRINCE2®?
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a structured method for effective Project Management. The PRINCE2® method is internationally accepted as the leading 'best practice' project management approach and is widely used in the private and public sectors, both in the UK and internationally.
PRINCE2® provides a flexible and adaptable framework covering the wide variety of disciplines and activities required within project management, making it extremely popular with businesses and organisations.
To hold PRINCE2® accreditation indicates that a project manager or business is professional, competent and able to respond to challenging and changing circumstances.
Your trainer will be Richard Rose.
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by getting in touch.
Who it’s for
- Project managers who wish to develop their skills and learn about managing projects using the PRINCE2® method.
- Professionals who wish to learn about project management and the PRINCE2® method in particular.
- Anybody who needs to know how to run projects more effectively.
- Introducing PRINCE2®
- Key concepts
- Starting up a project
- Initiating a project
- Plans and planning
- Controlled progress
- Configuration management
- Change control
- Management of risk
- Product delivery
- Closing a project
- Examinations - Foundation and Practitioner
- An intensive week-long course that enables you to compress all your study and examinations into five days
- Understand and explain the roles, documents, principles themes and processes of PRINCE2® and the relationships between them
- Tailor and use the key concepts of PRINCE2® on any project
- Structure, plan and control projects using the appropriate elements of PRINCE2®
- Be able to sit the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
This course is very intensive and will require additional evening and home study. Depending upon the pace of the group, the course may finish at lunchtime on the final day. However this should not be assumed, so please make yourself available from 09:00 until 17:00 for the full five days.
Teaching and useful information
Course teaching hours are normally 09:00 - 17:00. This course comprises 4 days of teaching, with an examination on the final day.
PRINCE2® is an intense programme, involving a recommended 10 hours of pre-course work as well as evening study during the week of the course.
We will confirm timings, location and other information in the two weeks leading up to your course. The course fee includes
all handouts, materials, lunches and refreshments.
You should have a minimum of 6 months' project management experience. All pre-course work should be completed prior to the course start date.
Delegates must pass the PRINCE2® Foundation examination at 50% or more if they wish to progress on to the Practitioner
Reasons to study with us
- We care about our customers and the service they receive from us
- We hold the Customer Service Excellence Standard®, which is backed by the Cabinet Office
- We run our courses with no more than 12 people, enabling everyone to fully participate in the learning experience
- Our trainers receive excellent feedback from past delegates
- Our team provides a friendly, welcoming and supportive environment in which to learn
Project Management Alumni Network
All our project management courses include free membership of Cardiff University’s Project Management Alumni Network, established to help those working in the field of project and programme management to network, share best practice and keep up-to-date. Benefits include priority access to free PM events and workshops, exclusive promotions and discounts, and invitations to other events at the University.
PRINCE2® courses are delivered by our partners Aspire Europe Ltd, an Accredited Training Organisation of AXELOS Ltd. PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Ltd.