The MSc/Diploma delivery team have developed this two-day face-to-face CPD course as a response to the rising morbidity and mortality of incurable conditions.
It provides a good grounding in palliative medicine and care, covering: cancer, dementia, end stage respiratory and end stage cardiac conditions.
No upcoming dates available
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest. We will be in touch when a new course date is scheduled.
You have successfully registered your interest in this course. We will be in touch if new dates become available.
Who it’s for
This multi-professional short course is suitable to all healthcare professionals in all health care settings including GPs, consultants and specialist nurses.
What you’ll learn
- Increased knowledge and confidence in caring for patients with palliative care needs
- Communication skills, including working with the families of patients in palliative care.
- Communication Skills
- Ethics, pain and delirium management
- Care in the last year of life (symptoms, planning, families, impact of bereavement)
- Improving quality – an interactive session where each delegate will be asked to bring an area of palliative care in which they would like to improve.
The teaching will be case based and clinically focused.
Delegates will benefit from increased knowledge and confidence when caring for patients with palliative care needs. Reflection on communication skills strategies and ethical frameworks underlying practice will enhance performance and the session of improving an aspect of palliative care delivery within the team or setting will benefit clinical services.
Previous sessions have been received excellent feedback. In particular the interdisciplinary group of learners has been very successful with increasing knowledge and understanding of team roles and more effective team working.