MRI intra-orbital foreign bodies (IOFB) reporting study day
Join us on our MRI IOFB Reporting study day, approved and accredited by the Society and College of Radiographers.
Register your interest
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by getting in touch.
Who it’s for
This course is suitable for radiographers who are working in MRI and are responsible for undertaking verbal and written screening of patients for intra-orbital foreign bodies (IOFBs). To be eligible, you'll need:
- a degree in radiography (or equivalent)
- evidence of support from a radiologist or reporting radiographer, to complete the clinical portfolio in their workplace.
What you’ll learn
- How to make clear judgements about the appropriate screening methods for individual patients
- Select appropriate imaging when required
- Perform and assess orbital radiographs to screen for IOFBs
- Assess orbital radiographs for metallic foreign bodies, making diagnostic decisions with a sensitivity and specificity of 100%
- Radiographers will develop practical image interpretation skills over time with support from their clinical department.