This practical, hands on 1-day course will focus on how to engage with the media, whether print, broadcast, online or social, in an effective and creative way.
You will gain an understanding of how the media works, how to write an effective press release, pitching your story and how to implement a successful media campaign.
Our Marketing and Online Communication courses are designed to complement each other. A 10% discount will be given to participants who book on two or more of these courses at the same time.
Your trainer will be Eryl Jones.
Register your interest
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by getting in touch.
Who it’s for
Designed for those with some responsibility for dealing with the media; whether you are new to media relations, or experienced, this course has something to offer. No prior knowledge is needed.
What you’ll learn
- How to develop an approach that is strategic and an essential part of your marketing mix
- Knowledge and methods to plan an effective and successful media relations campaign
- How to gain positive coverage for stories
- How and when to engage journalists using innovative tactics
- Writing and selling-in the press release
- How to use multimedia to improve your coverage
- How to pitch/sell-in to the media
- Incorporating video in your media relations campaign
- How to evaluate your media relations activity
- Case studies
- Gain creativity and confidence when dealing with the media
- Gain new ideas and tactics for media engagement
- Use new approaches to online media management
- Building a media profile for your organisation
- Establish contact and a relationship with the media