Masterclass in Palliative Care
Delivered by Dr Fiona Rawlinson, Cardiff University and Dr Mary Miller, Sobell House, Oxford. Derived from the internationally renowned Oxford Advanced Course in Pain and Symptom Management.
For more than thirty years, professionals working in palliative care around the world, have updated and expanded their knowledge and skills by attending the Oxford Advanced Course in Pain and Symptom Management. Now, in partnership with Sobell House Hospice in Oxford, Cardiff University is hosting its first one day Palliative Care Masterclass based on this Course.
|Start date||Days and times|
|29 November 2019|
Who it’s for
This multi-professional 1 day course is ideal for experienced doctors and nurses who are practising in Palliative Care or interested in developing their skills in Palliative Care.
What you’ll learn
- Increased knowledge and confidence in caring for patients with palliative care needs
- Resources from which to continue learning and adapt that learning in practice
- Understand what comprises ‘good practice’ and benchmark your own against your peers.
- Stimulation, time for thinking and reflection
- The opportunity for networking with colleagues and peers.
The day will cover:
- Liver disease and palliative care patients
- The management of neuropathic pain
- An update on cough
- Snippets of interest for practice (extracts from the Oxford Advanced Course in Pain and
- Symptom Management 2019)
- The Cardiff lecture: The interplay between anorexia, cancer cachexia and treatment’
- Professor Anthony Byrne.
This course is delivered by experts from Cardiff University and Sobell House and delivers most recent advances and expertise. The learning will enhance clinical practice.