Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) blended eLearning training course
This blended learning course offers a structured approach to programme management that will help organisations successfully deliver transformational change. The programme provides complete and practical understanding of the MSP® framework and prepares delegates for the Foundation and Practitioner examinations, which are taken as part of the course.
This is a great alternative to the traditional 5-day MSP® course, as you have the opportunity to study in your own time, then consolidate your learning at a 2-day exam workshop. (View details of our face to face MSP® course.)
The blended eLearning version differs from the traditional MSP® course in the following ways:
- The face to face element of the course is shorter – 2 days rather than 5
- A significant amount of the learning is undertaken via eLearning study in your own time
- The two days of face to face training are designed to help you consolidate the learning you’ve done at home, prior to sitting your Foundation exam (on the afternoon of Day 1) and your Practitioner exam (on the afternoon of Day 2)
Your trainer will be Aspire Europe (a partner of Cardiff University).
Register your interest
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by getting in touch.
Who it’s for
- Busy professionals who are happy to combine private eLearning study with some face to face teaching
- Programme leaders
- Programme office staff
- Programme and Project directors
- Change Managers, Business Strategists and Consultants
- Operations staff involved in change programmes
- People who manage a number of related projects
- All participants should have have some experience of leading or managing change
This course is intensive and delegates will be required to undertake and complete the full eLearning course prior to attending the workshop.
- Organisation and governance
- Stakeholder engagement and leadership
- Identifying a programme
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- The business case
- Defining a programme
- Risk and issue managment
- Quality and assurance management
- Managing the tranche
- Delivering capability
- Closing a programme
- Exam workshop preparation - Foundation and Practitioner
- Learn in a flexible way that allows you to study for a respected programme management qualification, whilst balancing your existing work and home commitments.
- Understand and explain the roles, documents, principles, governance themes, and processes of MSP® and the relationships between them.
- Use the key concepts of MSP® on any programme.
- Design, plan and control programmes using the appropriate elements of MSP®.
- Confidently sit both the Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
- An understanding of how the MSP® framework helps effective project management.
Reasons to study with us
- We care about our customers and the service they receive from us.
- We hold the Customer Service Excellence Standard®, which is backed by the Cabinet Office.
- We run our courses with no more than 12 people, enabling everyone to fully participate in the learning experience.
- Our trainers receive excellent feedback from past delegates.
- Our team provides a friendly, welcoming and supportive environment in which to learn.
Teaching and useful information
The eLearning element of the course is to be undertaken in your own time in the month prior to the face to face teaching part of the course. All course materials will be sent to you in good time.
Face to face course teaching hours are normally 09:00-17:00.
- Foundation duration is approximately 18 hours.
- Practitioner duration is approximately 6 hours.
Day 1: Foundation preparation workshop, prior to sitting the exam. Followed by focus on Practitioner exam techniques and sample paper in the afternoon.
Day 2: Practitioner preparation in the morning, followed by a general review prior to sitting the exam in the afternoon.
This course is intensive and you will be required to undertake and complete the full eLearning course, plus further pre-course tasks prior to attending the workshop. The eLearning element requires around 24 hours of private study. Some evening work at the end of day one is essential as this event is intensive.
You should have a minimum of 6 months’ programme/change management experience.
Project Management Alumni Network
All our project and programme management courses include free membership of Cardiff University’s Project Management Alumni, established to help those working in the field of project and programme management to network, share best practice and keep up-to-date. Benefits include priority access to free PM events and workshops, exclusive promotions and discounts, and invitations to other events at the University.
Cancellations, substitutions and transfers
This course is an 'exceptional' course in terms of our cancellation, substitution and transfer policy. The following is a summary of the exceptional terms that apply to this course. Please see our Terms and conditions for full details.
|Number of working days' notice||% of course fees payable|
|Over 20||£50 administrative fee|
|20-1||In the event that we cannot fill your booking: 70%, plus any costs incurred for any pre-course materials already sent to the delegate or Client, unless the materials are returned to us within 10 Working Days and in brand new condition.|
|Number of working days' notice||Fee payable|
|Under 15||This will be classed as a cancellation and the cancellation fee will apply.|
|Number of working days' notice||Fee payable|
|Over 20||£50 plus any differences in fees between the two courses|
|Under 20||This will be classed as a cancellation and the cancellation fee will apply.|
Accredited MSP® training is provided by our partners Aspire Europe, accredited by PeopleCert. MSP® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.