Managing Successful Programmes training course
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) offers a structured approach to programme management that will help organisations successfully deliver transformational change.
This five-day course offers a complete and practical understanding of the MSP® framework and prepares delegates for the Foundation and Practitioner examinations, which are taken as part of the course.
We also offer a new blended version of this course; study the eLearning course in your own time, then attend a 2-day face to face workshop to prepare you for the examinations, which are taken as per the traditional course.
How this course is different from our MSP® blended training course
- This course is entirely taught face to face, although there is some pre-course study required (around 10 hours)
- MSP® is an intensive course, with some evening work expected during the week
- You will get the chance to spend time with others in your field, to share ideas and learning experiences.
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by getting in touch.
Who it’s for
- Programme and Project Directors
- Change Managers
- Business Strategists
- People who manage a number of related projects
- Programme leaders and office staff
- Operations staff involved in change programmes
- All participants should have some experience of managing or leading change
- Organisation and governance
- Stakeholder engagement and leadership
- Identifying a programme
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- The business case
- Defining a programme
- Risk and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
- Managing the tranche
- Delivering capability
- Closing a programme
- Examinations - Foundation and Practitioner
- An intensive week-long course that enables you to compress all your study and examinations into five days.
- Understand and explain the roles, documents, principles, governance themes, and processes of MSP® and the relationships between them.
- Use the key concepts of MSP® on any programme.
- Design, plan and control programmes using the appropriate elements of MSP®.
- Confidently sit both the Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
- An understanding of how the MSP® framework helps effective project management.
Teaching and useful information
Course teaching hours are normally 09:00 - 17:00. This course comprises 4 days of teaching, with an examination on the final day.
MSP® is an intense programme, involving a recommended 10 hours of pre-course work as well as evening study during the week of the course.
We will confirm timings, location and other information in the two weeks leading up to your course. The course fee includes all handouts, materials, lunches and refreshments.
You should have a minimum of 6 months’ programme/change management experience.
All pre-course work must be completed prior to the course start date.
Reasons to study with us
- We care about our customers and the service they receive from us
- We hold the Customer Service Excellence® Standard, which is backed by the Cabinet Office
- We run our courses with no more than 12 people, enabling everyone to fully participate in the learning experience
- Our trainers receive excellent feedback from past delegates
- Our team provides a friendly, welcoming and supportive environment in which to learn.
Project Management Alumni Network
All our project and programme management courses include free membership of Cardiff University’s Project Management Alumni, established to help those working in the field of project and programme management to network, share best practice and keep up-to-date. Benefits include priority access to free PM events and workshops, exclusive promotions and discounts, and invitations to other events at the University.
MSP® courses are delivered by our partners Aspire Europe Ltd, an Accredited Training Organisation of AXELOS Ltd. MSP® is a registered trademarks of AXELOS Ltd.