Managing Performance for Results
Effective performance management helps foster motivation, staff retention, productivity and good working relationships.
The course will offer practical techniques to help participants take a dual-pronged approach: developing your employees via robust observation and incisive feedback – which then means your efforts to communicate and coach continuous improvement delivers desired outcomes. This approach is flexible enough for all performance management and appraisal processes as the focus is on developing your skills and approach to measuring and monitoring staff – regardless of personality or generation.
Your trainer will be Manjula Bray.
No upcoming dates available
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by completing the form below.
You have successfully registered your interest in this course. We will be in touch if new dates become available.
Who it’s for
Managers and team leaders, whether they are new to a line management position, or are experienced and would like to refresh and improve their skills.
What you’ll learn
- Skills and techniques to help maximise staff’s performance.
- The role of performance management within staff development.
- How to develop staff, set clear, focussed performance plans.
- Having constructive conversations to deal effectively with under-performers.
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Ensuring clarity in standards of performance and sources to evidence.
- Constructive conversations: preparation, structure and skills, including a coaching approach.
- Skills development: listening, questioning and feedback with opportunities to practice.
- Understand how to identify, set and agree standards and goals with your staff.
- Develop your questioning and active listening skills to identify core issues
- Know how to give and receive effective and constructive feedback.
- Recognise how to tailor interventions to meet individual needs.
- Practice effective performance improvement strategies.