Leading People Through Change training course
This workshop will help you to develop your skills in the four key elements required to effectively implement change in an organisation - Programme management, Change management, Benefits management and People management.
Day 1 of the course introduces:
- The essentials of business change management and how it is linked with programme management
- The rest of the day focuses on benefits management. Benefits are the foundations of the business case and this session takes you from estimating benefits through describing them and eventually how to review their success. You also cover how benefits realisation takes place both within the programme and post-programme.
Day 2 is all about people. It describes the skills, tools and techniques required to embed the changes delivered by the programme within the ‘business as usual’ area of the organisation. Several change models are considered as well as the soft skills and communication issues that are faced by business change managers. The session also deals with how to overcome resistance to change.
Your trainer will be Richard Rose.
No upcoming dates available
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by completing the form below.
You have successfully registered your interest in this course. We will be in touch if new dates become available.
Who it’s for
Primarily designed for those with roles such as Business Change Managers, it is also beneficial for senior decision-makers who are responsible for formulating and deploying strategy but who do not require professional accreditation
This course is ideal for those who wish to learn more about practical and theoretical aspects of change and benefits management, but who do not require accreditation.
What you’ll learn
- How a programme and its constituent projects function
- How to deliver benefits in step changes in order to take advantage of them as early as possible
- How to define and measure benefits and who is accountable and responsible for their delivery
- Knowledge and methods to engage with stakeholders in order to plan and deliver the change into ‘business as usual’.
- Principles, Governance Themes and Transformational Flow of a programme
- Roles and Responsibilities of a programme
- Identifying, mapping and describing benefits
- Benefits realisation planning
- Stakeholder engagement and communication
- Change management and models for change
- Leadership and change
- Resistance to change.
- Recognising that change is not easy
- How to plan the step changes in capability
- How to describe benefits for inclusion in the business case
- Getting ‘real’ about benefits and the threats to their realisation
- Providing some useful hints and tips for stakeholder engagement and change readiness
- How to plan for the introduction of change
- Being able to recognise the different tools and techniques to overcome change resistance.
Why choose this course?
This is a great addition to the accredited MSP® programme. Whilst MSP® will provide you with a world-class framework for successfully managing programmes and implementing organisational change, this course addresses more of the practical skills around leading people through change. This course will help you to address challenges such as resistance to change, and identifying benefits of change.
Teaching and useful information
Course teaching hours are normally 09:00-17:00. This is a 2-day course.
We will confirm timings, location and other information in the two weeks leading up to your course. The course fee includes
all handouts, materials, lunches and refreshments.
You should have some programme management experience. All pre-course work should be completed prior to the course start date.
Reasons to study with us
- We hold the Customer Service Excellence Standard®, which is backed by the Cabinet Office.
- We run our courses with no more than 12 people, enabling everyone to fully participate in the learning experience.
- Our trainers receive excellent feedback from past delegates.
- Our team provides a friendly, welcoming and supportive environment in which to learn.
- All our project management courses include free membership of Cardiff University’s Project Management Alumni, established to help those working in the field of project and programme management to network, share best practice and keep up-to-date. Benefits include priority access to free PM events and workshops, exclusive promotions and discounts, and invitations to other events at the University.