Leading a Bilingual Organisation (bespoke course)
Cardiff University’s Cardiff Business School and School of Welsh have co-developed and will co-deliver a two-day workshop to introduce key themes and concepts related to leading a bilingual organisation.
This course is only available as a bespoke programme for companies and organisations. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
No upcoming dates available
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest. We will be in touch when a new course date is scheduled.
You have successfully registered your interest in this course. We will be in touch if new dates become available.
Who it’s for
Any leaders or managers within public, private, or third sector organisations. Also, those responsible for championing the Welsh language, or ensuring compliance with the Welsh Language Standards at organisational or departmental.
What you’ll learn
- The importance of the Welsh-language context for all organisations in Wales
- How communication works and will explore the personal qualities for communicating effectively across language groups
- Best practices and practical strategies for communicating in English-Welsh teams
- An introduction to sociolinguistics, professional communication, critical language awareness, and the role culture and cultural identities may play in communicating in a professional context
- How leaders can increase their self-awareness and understand how their leadership behaviour impacts on others.
- The leadership behaviours which are required to positively impact bilingualism in the workplace.
- Leadership behaviours and bilingualism
- Effective communication
- The role of culture and language
- The Welsh language in contemporary Wales.
- Gain cutting-edge insights into the leadership, communication and the Welsh language from the oldest Welsh department in Wales and one of the top business schools in the UK (currently ranked sixth for research quality out of 101 UK business schools).
- Increase your self-awareness and understanding of how leadership behaviour impacts others.
- Broaden your perspective of the Welsh language by exploring issues in the context of real-life bilingual situations from the workplace, family and community.
- A chance to take part in facilitated reflective group discussions to share best practices and practical strategies for communicating in English-Welsh teams.