Google Analytics live online course
This tutor-led live online learning course is adapted from our face-to-face course. We have worked with the tutor to create a 2-day (two half days) version of our popular 1-day Google Analytics course, adding two additional free optional modules – eCommerce and Analysing Marketing Campaigns.
The workshop is very practical – a mix of tutor-led teaching, and independent work applying the principles to your own (or a test) website.
By the end of this virtual course, you will be able to open up a new Google Analytics profile and start getting actionable insights that you can use to make your site and your business work better.
You will be able to answer questions about your website traffic and how different parts of the site are working and generate interactive, powerful dashboards that make monthly reporting easier and faster.
Your trainer will be Jess Spate .
Register your interest
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by getting in touch.
Who it’s for
This course is suitable for:
- website administrators and managers
- eCommerce retailers of all sizes
- digital advertising
- SEO and social media managers
- web developers and designers
You don't need to be familiar with Google Analytics. If you have a Google Analytics account already that's an advantage but those who don't can use a fully featured demonstration account.
What you’ll learn
- What the key Google Analytics variables and metrics mean (e.g. Bounce Rate, Source and Medium) and which are most important to your own site
- How to identify bottlenecks and design problems, and see what's working well and what's not
- How to monitor and investigate performance by page or by visitor source
- How to build and share custom dashboards using Google Data Studio
- How to set up custom segments and what kind of questions they can answer
- How to properly track campaigns and measure ROI
- How to set up goals and events
This course will cover:
- An introduction to how Google Analytics works
- Basic setup
- Common measures and metrics - what they really mean
- Advanced and custom segments
- Finding your KPIs
- Setting up goals and events
- Exporting data
- Working with AdWords and custom campaigns
- Introduction to report building with Data Studio
- Cross domain tracking
- Using filtered views
- Custom reports and dashboards
- New Google Analytics features
The course covers the same topics as our original face to face course (plus two new FREE modules eCommerce and Analysing Marketing Campaigns); however, we have restructured it to suit the online format:
Day 1: (half day)
- Audience and Acquisition: Who are your users and how did they find you?
- Break - Participants to use GA to answer a set of simple questions about their data
- Behaviour, Events, and Conversions: What did they do on site?
- Participants to use GA to answer a set of simple questions about their data
- Group chat through results, Jess is available to any students who want to discuss
- Homework setting: what conversions need to be tracked?
Day 2 (half day)
- Setting up goals, homework discussion.
- Custom segments
- Participants to use their own custom segments to answer a set of simple questions about their data
- Dashboarding in Google Data Studio
- (optional) Ecommerce
- (optional) Analysing marketing campaigns: Google Ads, Facebook Ads, email campaigns and more.
This course is entirely virtual and is very practical, so you will benefit from both tutor-led sessions, and group/individual activities using Google Analytics to start analysing your website’s performance immediately.
The course is split into two (half) days, and we have reduced the number of participants to a maximum of 10, in order to ensure that you receive the best possible learning experience.
The new eCommerce module is perfectly placed to support retailers in the run-up to the festive period, and in the wake of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Ensure that your website is working as effectively as possible, and that you’re making the most of features available through Google Analytics.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Find the really important data within Google Analytics
- Understand how this relates to what's happening on your site
- Customise and extend your Google Analytics setup
- Learn how to use the interface to answer complex questions
- Evaluate site performance in meaningful ways
- Generate powerful reporting to track progress and surface valuable insights
Teaching and useful information
The virtual workshop is expected to run from 09:00 - 13:00 on both days. We will confirm timings, provide learning materials, and other information (such as login details) in the two weeks leading up to your course.
Please note that the virtual workshop consists of two half days.
You will not need any equipment except for a computer with good internet connection and a camera function, and the ability to sign into Zoom.