Essential Updates in Therapeutics – Study Day
The essential updates in therapeutics study day is brought to you by the team behind the MSc/PgDip/PgCert in therapeutics.
Our annual event is consistently very highly evaluated and aims to provide practitioners with a forum to update their knowledge on key topics in primary care. This is achieved through a series of short, informative, interactive lectures incorporating case studies and the opportunity for discussion with colleagues and peers.
Your learning will be supported by copies of all of the programme materials to take away, as well as ample opportunity for networking and interprofessional discussion.
Register your interest
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest by getting in touch.
Who it’s for
Any healthcare professional, eg doctor, nurse, pharmacist, paramedic, with an interest in the evidence-based management of commonly encountered conditions.
The focus of the day in on providing practical continuing professional development to benefit practice and patients.
Subject areas include the most up-to-date information on:
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease – an ever-changing landscape
- advancing inhaler technique – making inhaled drugs count
- difficult cases in hypertension – what do I do next
- polypharmacy in older people – cases from the front line
- healthcare is team care – building resilience into the healthcare model.
All previous sessions were rated as excellent or very good by 100% of delegates, and were rated as beneficial and interesting by 100% of delegates. Feedback included:
- I have increased enthusiasm for, and confidence in my ability to, de-prescribe and/or not prescribe where that is appropriate.
- The use of a case-based discussion approach for the sessions was particularly helpful.
- The day will re-focus my efforts to try to make sure that all of my pharmacological interventions are evidence based.
- This teaching should be rolled out to all GPs!
1 Park Place