Effective Self Organisation
These days, we all have to deal with a tsunami of information and the many channels through which it comes: email, text, Twitter, LinkedIn, newsletters etc.
Often, we find ourselves dealing with a huge number of messages which fragment our attention and cause us to neglect what truly matters. Therefore, we need efficient and effective techniques to help keep the problem under control. This 2-day workshop addresses that need, providing practical tools and techniques that can be used immediately.
Day 1 of the course introduces you to the tools and techniques to deal with the various situations with which we are faced. Techniques such as Getting Things Done (GTD*), the use of the RACI Matrix, how to schedule your work in progress and the simplicity of the Kanban system. How to prioritise your work and operate your in-trays as well as understanding how to use delegation to help reduce stress. Making the most of your Prime Time and how high performers work as well as investigating doing One Thing at a Time and other useful tips and action plans.
Day 2 is all about agile management. It describes the skills, tools and techniques required to run the organisation in an agile manner. Several agile techniques are considered as well as the leadership skills that are necessary to run an agile business.
* David Allen, Getting Things Done: How to achieve stress-free productivity (Piatkus, 2002).
Your trainer will be Richard Rose.
No upcoming dates available
There are currently no upcoming dates available for this course, but you can register your interest. We will be in touch when a new course date is scheduled.
You have successfully registered your interest in this course. We will be in touch if new dates become available.
Who it’s for
- People of all levels of seniority and experience, irrespective of job role
- Those who want 'non-gimmicky' practical tools and techniques to improve their productivity, effectiveness and job satisfaction
- Everyone who feels that their daily challenge resembles an up-hill climb.
What you’ll learn
- New practical tools and techniques for personal, management and team use
- How to select those most appropriate for you and apply them at work or at home, in any context
- How to manage stress and map team responsibilities
- What agile management can bring to the organisation.
- Lean and Agile management practices
- Management of that most precious commodity – your time – focusing on one thing at a time, delegation and the use of your Prime Time
- Prioritising your work and your in-trays
- Recognising and dealing with stress and how to use high performance
- Tools and techniques such as Trello, GTD, RACI Matrices and Kanban.
- No ‘standard’ or ‘class’ scenario. Delegates are invited to bring their own real-life organisational challenges, ‘to-do lists’, diaries, laptops etc. This is one workshop that actually encourages people to bring smartphones!
- Delegates will leave having already made a start on improving their own self-organisation and with renewed confidence
- Improved personal performance, delegation skills and reduction in wasted time
- An ability to introduce agility to an organisation.